Have you heard? The NSW government has announced a new scheme for parents with children in primary and secondary school. At the beginning of 2023 parents, carers and guardians will be able to claim $150 per child in vouchers. These vouchers are designed to support families with cost of living pressures and to support our local businesses during these tough times. So, what do you need to know?
To be eligible, your child must be enrolled in an NSW school for 2023, home-schooled, or enrolled in Year 10 or Year 12 equivalent qualifications at TAFE NSW.
You can claim vouchers for each child. You will receive 3 x $50 vouchers per eligible child. Only one parent can claim per child.
These can be used in businesses including school shops that provide school supplies.
The vouchers must be used between 1st January 2023 and 30th June 2023.
What can you use the vouchers for?
- School uniforms including hats, socks, and shoes.
- School equipment including school bags, lunch boxes, drink bottles, umbrellas, necessary protective equipment, and tools and equipment related to activities undertaken in school.
- School-prescribed textbooks and other reading material.
- Lesson resources such as art diaries, elective subject resources, and major work materials.
- Stationery includes but is not limited to pens, pencils, rulers, calculators, erasers, pencil sharpeners, scissors, glue, and highlighters.
When they become available, log into the Service NSW app and download them just as you have previously with Stay, Parents, and Dine, and Discover Vouchers.
For more information for parents, carers and guardians and businesses click here Back to School NSW Vouchers – Guidelines | Service NSW